Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Moving Day - Thank you!

Papa John working hard with us all week

Robert refusing a picture, he should know me better than that!

Nana occupying Hannah and keeping her out of the way

Leave it to Jeff and Jess...

     
Hannah getting in on the action
We have moved into the new house!  Last Thursday Justin rented a UHaul and with the help of some awesome people (Robert H., Uncle Jeff, Aunt Jess, Papa, Mimi, and Nana) we were able to move everything. Once we got to the new house, part of our help left (and Hannah left with Nana to sleep over at her house) but the family next door came and helped out some. It was a great welcome to the new neighborhood. By 9 PM the truck was completely unloaded. Thank you so much for helping, we couldn't have done it without you all!

sleeping (pretend for the camera, her idea not mine) in her new bed for the first time
Believe it or not, I'd say that 90% of everything is unpacked already. I started with Hannah's room so when she got home from Nana's house on Friday her new pink room would be ready with all of her familiar things. She loves her new pink room, and especially loves her new big girl bed. Amazingly enough, her slew of babies haven't had to sleep with her in this bed. I wish I could say she's going to sleep better and staying in bed longer, but that still isn't the case. The transition seems to have gone very well for her, of course it's only been a few days!

Hayden's room is taking shape as well. It's nice to be in this house now and be able to think about it. Nana came yesterday to help me get all of the clothes (mostly tons of hand me downs - we didn't get those with Hannah!) into drawers and try to get things a little organized. We still have some things to put together and the walls to work on, but it's slowly taking shape.

My laundry room is the one place I haven't unpacked a thing. I need to do laundry though, so today is the day to tackle that. Whew. It's been a pretty exhausting week...

2 comments:

Corrie said...

Glad you got moved and are getting settled! Haven't talked to you in forever!

Stephanie said...

I can't wait to see it!!!! I can come help this week too!!!! I LOVE Hannah's posed picture! I can see her little grin hiding behind her thumb. :)