Saturday, August 15, 2009

We (I) Survived!

We survived the first few days of work. It was nice to have just a few days and then the Really it's just I that survived it. Hannah was fine the whole time. Even when I had to wake her up (that was the worst part) to take her to Adam, she was smiling, talking, and playing. She did great with Adam and Madeline and with Mimi on Friday. Each day got a little better. It still wasn't easy or good for me, but there were less tears each day. Friday was the easiest because I got to leave her sleeping in her bed and I didn't have to disturb her. I'm hoping that once our real schedule starts (I get to go in later on workdays - leave the house at 7:15 instead of 6:15) she will just go back to sleep on the way to Adam's. Each day she has been exhausted by the time I picked her up or got home. She fell asleep on our way home each day and was sleeping when I got home Friday (I can't get the picture to load but will try again soon). I guess her days at home with Mommy were more boring! I'm so glad the worst (hopefully) is over and behind us!

Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts, but please continue them because when the kids start back it will be a whole different ball game.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,
I got to enjoy some time with my sweet niece yesterday with mom. She is such the charmer! She was smilin', and cooin', and talkin', and rollin'! I'd give anything to know what the heck she thinks when I talk to her.... probably something like, "why the heck are you talking to me in that high-pitched crazy lady voice?" or "back away, your breath is stank." Those are merely guesstimations based on her facial expressions. Or maybe it was just gas (hers, not mine!) teehee!
I hear that this transition hasn't been the easiest for you. I'm so sorry hon. I hope that you get to soak up and enjoy every precious moment with your sweetface baby nugget this weekend!!
Love,
Jaime

The Crotwell Family said...

Hey Katie,
Yes, we made it for the first few days, but I think what's going to be hard is when the kids come but maybe I will get so preoccupied that it will go by fast. I'm still having a hard time, I cried on Friday. But, I know as the days goes by it will get easier. I love the big picture of Hannah, she is so adorable!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that the transition is going well for you. It's difficult for any mommy to leave for work, but I imagine it's gotta be worse for those who got to spend more than a mere 6 weeks with theirs! You're doing great--she's doing great--and that's what matters! Give your sweet baby a kiss and hug for me. Hope to see you all soon :)