Getting ready for Hannah's arrival involves much more than getting her room ready. We've had a list of things that had to be done before her nursery could be done. I've already posted the first major project, the closets. Yesterday Justin and I completed (nearly) the second huge step. This step has taken a while, but is almost done. Hannah's room was formally the guest room and then the third room was the office. The first thing we had to do was clean out the office (which was entirely my job, since it was my junk). Justin put some shelves in a closet in the FROG for my scrapbook stuff, I threw away several bags full, and set aside two full boxes of stuff for the Miller Flea Market day (coming this spring to the local Barnyard Flea Market). After the room was cleared of junk, Justin took apart the queen guest bed and moved it into the office. Our office was so crazy. We have a wonderful, comfortable office chair (courtesy of Jaime) but it wouldn't push under the little desk I bought my first year teaching. Our printer was on the floor and office supplies were spilling out everywhere. Here is the "before" picture.

Together we picked out a desk (from Furniture Pointe in Lexington, I highly recommend it) bought it and spend hours putting it together. We then decided a week later that the hutch on top of the desk would work and give us more storage space, so yesterday we went back and purchased the hutch component. Only a few short hours later, we had a finished product! Here is the "after" picture.

We still need to fix a few things, like the cabinet part that fits the computer tower. Our tower is too long so the door won't shut. We also need to hang the pictures on the wall. But for all practical purposes, the room is done! On to the next item...
3 comments:
Erin's room used to be our rec room - exercise equipment/futon/tv. We had to sell the weight bench and clear everything else out. We also had the big task of reorganizing just about every closet so that she could have hers.
We never got around to taking the big map of the US off the wall (which was above her crib) until I found her a few weeks ago standing up scratching at it. Luckily, I had already taken the tacks out of the bottom corners :)
I found it is amazing all the preparation in your house that you have to do for a baby to come! I think we have reorganized closets at least twice!
I love the new desk! It looks great! We need to come over for a visit soon! I feel like we've missed out on so much and I was just now able to figure out your blog site again (must not of favorited it before!?) so I could catch up on your blogs. I feel much more "in the know" now :)
Post a Comment