Monday, July 5, 2010

Busy Weekend

We had a super busy weekend! Saturday was Justin's birthday. Aunt Jaime came to keep Hannah for a little while, and I "kidnapped" Justin and took him to Waffle House for breakfast. I know that sounds yuck-o to some, but he loves it, and we haven't been in several years. That afternoon we headed to the Gilbert Peach Festival and watched our friend, Breana, play the fiddle. She was awesome! We enjoyed some peach ice cream and Hannah loved the tractors. We ran into the Grahams and I was surprised to run into a couple who helped with our collage Sunday School class. It had been so many years since I'd seen them, but yet Pat and Carol knew exactly who I was. They were in town selling these awesome baskets they make. After taking a nap at home, we ate some dinner and headed out to find a good place to watch the Lake Murray Fireworks, on land. We weren't sure about the boat and Hannah and late bedtime, etc... We eventually found an okay spot and watched the show in the distance. Hannah loved them.





Sunday after church and nap, we headed out to the Parrish's for the annual 4th of July celebration. We swam, and ate, and rode on the boat, and ate, and played, and ate (we did lots of eating, as usual!). Hannah eventually had a fun time on the boat, and enjoyed herself, until the fireworks started. She liked watching the ones being shot off across the lake, but once the ones
started right in front of her, so hated it. She eventually went kind of catatonic (this is after being inside and away) and into a trance. The poor child was traumatized. She did enjoy her time with Gracie (this was the best picture I could get of the two together) and the rest of the Parrish clan. Thanks for having us over for a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Katie, Glad you guys had fun!!! Caralee didn't like the fireworks either up close, but she did keep pointing to ones away! I like Waffle House too...so I don't think Justin is wierd! ;) I love all her new pictures across your blog (which I keep meaning to ask how you got that up there)! We leave in the morning, but I will call you when we get back for a get together!!!