I went for my 28 week checkup this afternoon. It was the dreaded sugar test. The orange stuff didn't test terrible, but it made me feel nasty afterwards. I felt so bloated and full and then a little nauseous. I'm glad that it's over! I have to wait a few days for the results, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have to do the longer more involved test. While I was waiting to get my blood drawn I saw the doctor. She measured me and said that I was measuring right on track and that my weight gain was very healthy. She then tried to get Hannah's heartbeat. She kept mentioning how active Hannah was being and even said, "This is the most active baby I've seen today, you take the prize." Yet, she couldn't find the heartbeat. Even knowing that she was moving did not stop the panic mode for me. I held it together rather well as she sent me in for an ultrasound. It was such a HUGE relief to hear the heartbeat on the ultrasound equipment. The tech found it right away and it was very strong. I was being fit in between patients so I didn't get a great look at the baby, but she did try for a second to get a face shot for me. It didn't happen, Hannah was moving too much and always looking away, but I did get a profile shot. Considering I was in the room for about 2 minutes, I was happy with that! Thanks to Jeffry and Jaime and my wonderful printer combo I got for Christmas, I can share my picture with all of you.
4 comments:
I am praying that your results are good!! That would have scared me as well!! I am glad you held it together and you got to see your little girl again! :)
Hey glad everything was okay. Hope your sugar test comes out clear and you don't have to do it again.
I had to get called back in for the longer sugar test, but it ended up being fine. So if you do get called back in, don't assume it's necessarily bad.
I'll be praying for you regarding the results, but I'm sure everything'll be great!
Post a Comment