Our little girl is four years old, it is amazing how quickly she has grown up. I have to remind myself often that she is only 4, as she amazes me constantly with what she knows, what she does, and how she acts. Of course, I have to remind myself occasionally that she is only 4.
I had heard all kinds of horror stories about the 4 year old well-check and the dreaded shots. Hayden had his 9 month check at the same time, so I took my mom with me to entertain whoever wasn't being examined, or vaccinated. Hannah did amazingly well. She sat on my lap while they did the shots, and she tensed up with each one and squeezed my arms (that were wrapped around her of course), but she never made a peep. She even watched them do it. She has moved from the 98% to the 88% in height (although I think she has grown more than the 3/4 inch they said she has since last year...), and jumped from the 58% in weight to the 68%. Here exam went well, although she didn't pass the eye portion. She cracked me up though. The nurse asked if she knew her letters or shapes, and Hannah replied "I know all my letters AND shapes". She called the moon a crescent and for several letters she said the sound instead of the letter name. I did have the nurse at school check her eyes again when we got to school shortly after our appointment, and she passed the exam there. We are going to keep an eye out for any other signs, but hold off on an extensive eye exam for now.
Hannah has grown into a beautiful girl on the inside and out. She really does have a kind heart and thinks of others needs and emotions often. She loves to color (with markers especially), ride her bike, swing, jump on the trampoline, take walks, ride her bike (basically anything outside will work!). She loves books and reading and has discovered making her own books. She LOVES to write. She even sounds out words without help, and does a great job (frm for from, jf for Jeff). She loves school and dance and is looking forward to her first dance recital in two weeks (really it's the costumes she's excited about). She adores her little brother and is a huge helper to me. She loves to dress up and play with her babies ("hospital" is her favorite thing to play with them). She continues to be hard-headed, stubborn, bossy and acts like a pre-teen often, but we love those things about her as well.
Happy 4th birthday Hannah!




No comments:
Post a Comment