Friday, December 23, 2011

Santa Claus

Click here to see last year's Santa pictures.What a difference a year makes! I refused to take Hannah somewhere and wait in a ridiculous line or pay lots of money to see Santa, after what happened last year. My mom found the perfect solution. The Irmo branch library has Santa come do a short story time with the kids and then you can take your picture with him. It was great. Hannah was so excited. She danced and jumped and flipped while she was waiting for Santa to arrive. She enjoyed listening to him read (and he did a great job) and then was like the 10th or so child to sit on his lap. It only took a few minutes for her turn. She immediately sat on his lap, with no hesitation, and let me take a picture. Then she got serious and told him what she wanted (pink kitty, pink toys, pink lollipop). Then she gave him a hug! Unfortunately I missed the first hug. My camera was acting funny (I thought the battery was dead) so luckily my mom had her new camera in her purse. Unlike my camera, it takes time between pictures. I was focused on trying to get it ready for the next picture and missed the original hug. She was a trooper though (and so was Santa) and hugged him again before she climbed down, so Mommy could capture it on film. I was so proud of her. After she was done we put on her jacket and said "are you ready to go?" She got a little upset and said "No! I want my pink toys!" It took a little convincing to get her to understand he would bring her toys on Christmas morning. She was a little reluctant to believe us. However, the whole "you have to be good so you're on Santa's good list" has taken a whole new meaning for her, now that she knows he's got her list!

No comments: