Saturday, February 13, 2010

We (ok, I) survived

Last weekend we went skiing. We as in me and Justin, no Hannah. It was the first time I was away for Hannah for more than just the school day. We were officially gone for 24 hours. We left after Justin got home from work Friday evening, loaded Hannah up in the car, which of course woke her up, and headed over to Nana and Granddaddy's house. Hannah talked the whole way over the dam, because Kodak was riding in the trunk behind her and she thought that was great. After dropping her off around 10pm we tried to head out of town, but had errands to run first. We didn't end up in Charlotte until after 1am. We slept for a few hours at Jeff's place and then got up early to hit the slopes. We (Jeff, Justin, Jaime, Jaime's friend Samantha, and me) piled into Jeff's truck with our equipment in the back and drove up to Sugar Mountain. It's the first time I'd been there since college when Trip and I used to go for the day. We skied for the day while the snow was falling and the wind was whipping. After our passes ran out we headed back to Charlotte and then back home. We picked up a sleeping Hannah at 10pm and headed to our own house. We had a great time, but I was thankful that "first" is over. Luckily I was physically active so I didn't have time to think about it as much as I could have.

No comments: