So I admit that I am pretty terrible with keeping in touch with people. I always have great intentions, really I do, it just doesn't happen. I did a much better job before I had email. I loved writing a card, putting a stamp on it and sending it to someone. I was a terrific penpal. I am attempting this blog to keep other's informed on what is going on in my and Justin's life. Hopefully I will be better at posting pictures and thoughts than I am at responding to emails. Keep your fingers crossed!
So...why this need for sudden communication you ask? It's a Roo! That makes no sense to anyone but the Millers and Vitters but I will try to give you the short version. Justin and I are having a baby! Some of you already know this exciting information, but some don't. Now you know why I need to communicate better. Everyone is asking how things are going and I'm excited to share but haven't done a fantastic job. I have been super sick so that is one good reason (excuse), but probably the only one.
Roo is our baby. The name comes from an inside joke with Jessica and Jeffry on a Miller/Vitters ski trip last winter. The long story short is that if we have a boy his name will come from Justin's Grandpa. His first name happened to be Rueben. No worries, that's not on the list - the middle name is. However, Jessica and Jeffry loved that idea and immediately started calling our yet-to- be-conceived child "Roo". We when told our families we were having a baby both Jessica and Jeffry said something to the effect of "It's a Roo". So Roo it is, until a real name is given. Even then, Roo it will always be to some people.
I am starting my 16th week and the due date is May 1, 2009. I will give more details later but this post has become amazingly long, so that's it for now. I PROMISE to post again very soon.
Old Favorites
10 months ago



6 comments:
Trip and I are excited to read the updates!! Perhaps a picture of Roo would be okay? =)
YAY!!!! I am so excited for you guys, and I think a blog is a great way to keep everyone informed. I'll email you if I notice you haven't posted in awhile :-D
YAY!! I am so glad you started a blog and of course that you are going to have a little playmate for Mary Alice! I can't wait to find out what it is!
YAY! You DID start the blog! It was so good to see you on Friday (and Ali and Patrick too) and I'm glad you have each other to go through this new exciting journey with! Looking forward to hearing what Roo will be, and seeing you just before Christmas!
Congrats again! I was thinking it was some sort of Winnie the Pooh reference, but the inside family joke is way cuter.
I meant to call and tell you this -- only twice in recent memory has Justin ever just called me "out of the blue" without me calling first. The first time was to tell me he was engaged, and the second time was a week ago when he told me he was going to be a Dad!! LOL
Glad to know you are over the first trimester - hopefully things will go a lot easier. Thanks for keeping us updated!!
CONGRATULATIONS Katie!!!! I am so excited for you too. You will be wonderful parents :)
Here is my one word of wisdom to pass on to you:
Be as well rested as you can possibly be before the baby comes. Sleep deprivation is not fun and you need as much help as you can get.
Congrats again, and I'm glad you'll be blogging it all! By the way, I predict a girl...
Post a Comment